Monday, August 24, 2009

Gadget of the Week #1: Text

The Gadget: Text

The Location:
Go to Layout>Add a Gadget and search "text" (currently it's the 3rd item in the 'basic' list)

Features:
This allows you to place any kind of text into your sidebar or bottom bar. As you can see, I have added a little blurb about the purpose of this site. Feel free to email me with other suggestions.

How to use it:
simply type the title of what you want (see suggestions below) and then type the text. You can format the type and color as well as add a link as I have done with email in the example to the right.

Possible Classroom uses:
1. ZU Honor code in short form in the sidebar.
2. Teacher office hours
3. Blogging expectations
4. Class motto
5. Any kind of text that you would like to always be visible no matter how many posts come in.

Each week, I'll try to post information on a gadget that I either use or discover as useful. If you discover a gadget and think of some uses in the classroom, use your authoring privileges and post an blog similar to this. I also welcome suggestions in the comments section. - Don

No comments: